Friday, May 02, 2008

When Things Go Wrong

Have you ever experienced waking up and it seems like there's just something that isn't right? One time, I did.

One afternoon, I came home from work and fell asleep for about an hour. Then I woke up at around 6:30 in the evening in time for me to pick up my wife from work. As I was driving in a two way street at regular speed together with the other cars, suddenly one car honked at me and made an overspeed at my right side. It created some kind of rage in me as I almost met an accident!

After picking up my wife, we decided to go to Costco to do grocery shopping. Inside the store as we were making our way in one of the aisles, there was this guy who was simply standing in the middle of the aisle who seem not to mind that we were about to pass. He did not even bother to move not until I said in a loud voice, "Excuse me!" What was wrong with him? Didn't he saw me and my wife approaching? It heated some emotions in me as I wondered, "why are things going wrong today?"

What if another "wrong" circumstance happened. What if even a small thing would have gotten wrong again like - when preparing some bills to pay, there could probably be a number 10 envelope that didn't seem right - and it was not the right envelope, that would have made me angry and somebody could be hurt!

I thought of praying and asked God for help. After a while, I was able to relax and things went smoothly from then on. I always knew and believed what the Holy Bible said, "all things work together for good to them that love God and keep his commandments.

Probably God had a purpose for all those "wrong" things that were happening to me. I finally remembered, I was suppose to attend a business meeting where I was invited, but I just did not know whether to go or not! Then I said, "Well, probably my God did not want me to go for some reasons."

Yes, when things go wrong, pause and pray to God. Pray for control over yourself as you might burst in anger. Pray for guidance and understanding. And thank God for his guiding hands. Thank God even for the "wrong" things that come to you. After all, God knows what is certainly best for you and for each one of us.

No comments: