Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting Married

This story was one of the examples that was related by a pastor in one of his church sermons.

An old millionaire have one day decided to distribute his wealth to his heirs. However, this millionaire had a son who lives with him named Dan who lives with him, is almost 35 years old, and who has never married yet.

So the old man told his son Dan, "Son, I am becoming too old and I have decided in a week's time, I might start to give you your inheritance. You better start to have a family of your own as soon as possible."

Because of that, Dan decided not to waste time. As Dan attended one business meeting, he met the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. It was the woman he thought would be his perfect bride. From connections, Dan learned that this woman has never been married either.

Sure enough, Dan went to introduce himself to the woman, "Hi, I'm Dan and I sure am glad to meet you here in this business meeting." And soon enough both of them became friends. But then, before they parted ways, Dan said, "I am actually looking for someone to marry because in one week I am going to be a millionaire as I will be receiving my inheritance from my dad."
Well, the woman simply replied, "Can you please give me your business card with your home phone number?"

"Sure!" Dan eagerly handed her one of his blank business cards and wrote his home phone number too.

Without further ado, after one week, the woman certainly became Dan's step mother.

No comments: