Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Perhaps, a majority of Christians already know the story of the Pharisee and the tax collector as related by Jesus in the Holy Bible. This is because this story is not new to anyone. However, it has been related and used by example in many Christian church sermons.

In one particular religious seminar, a religion professor related the same story of the Pharisee and the tax collector. The Pharisee prayed, "Thank you God that I am not like this tax collector..."

At the end of the story, the professor commented, "I am thankful I am not like the Pharisee."

Upon hearing this comment, an audience participant also commented to his seat mate, "Gee, this professor did not really understand the whole point of the story. I sure am glad I have never been like this professor."

No comments: