Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Shepherd Is God

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
For Thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

= Psalms 23

What a wonderful psalm of David. By the way, this is found in the Old Testament portion of Holy Bible.

It is so amazingly wonderful that when you have God with you leading you in your life, you will not even lack anything you need. The Lord will surely lead you to fields of prosperity, and even lead you to the soothing waters of life to quench your thirst for joy and happiness. And most of all, He can give you peace.

Even when trials of life come as they always will, there is no need to fear as He walks with us through life's long winding paths. Even when in the brink of death or troubled times, I know there is nothing to fear for as long as He is with me.

Yes, the Lord can even prepare a banquet for me, to fill my hunger even in the face of adversaries. Yes, God will surely bless me all throughout my life with the abundance of Heaven's riches and grace. For as long as I will dwell in Him, I know that my Lord will also dwell in me even throughout eternity.

Yes, the Lord is good indeed.

= by VMT Singuillo

-----------------------------------

If you need a Bible, there is always one that is right for you. Perhaps you may need one of the following:

... plus a lot more.

No comments: